August 7, 2022
In our Parish
- Rev. Alicia will be away from August 1 – 14. Contact Deacon Sarah for pastoral emergencies and the Senior Warden, Diane Hundley for other church related matters.
- The Liturgy and Worship Committee will meet via Zoom on Monday, August 15 at 10:00AM.
- Vestry Retreat: Our Vestry will be on retreat Saturday, August 27 and Saturday, October 1, at Philip in the Trees.
- Inquirers/Newcomers Class: Beginning September 4 on Mondays from 6:00 – 7:30PM. This class is open to everyone – – longstanding and new members alike. The class will include the traditions and ethos of the Episcopal/Anglican church and will prepare individuals for baptism, confirmation, reception, and reaffirmation of their faith. Rev. Alicia will lead these classes. Please contact the Parish Administrator to sign up: email@example.com or 919 682-5504.
- C. C. Spaulding Elementary School needs small bottles of water. Please leave the bottles in the narthex. If you are interested in participating in this ministry that supports our neighborhood school, please get in touch with Deacon Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- World Relief Durham – If you are interested in working with refugees and World Relief Durham please be sure to contact Rev. David Stanford email@example.com.
- Support St. Titus’: If you would like to support our ministries you can make an online donation here by following the QR code or by visiting our homepage: sttitusdurham.org. You can also mail or hand-deliver a check to St. Titus’ at 400 Moline St., Durham, NC, 27707. Thank you!
- Stay in Touch: To receive weekly email announcements from St. Titus’, email Carol or sign up by following this link: http://eepurl.com/htIWIr .
- Sign up for The Titusian, St. Titus’ monthly newsletter, on the St. Titus’ homepage of this website, or by emailing Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subscribe to Please Note, a weekly update from the Diocese of North Carolina by following this link: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/QCPKOTo
Fraudulent Message Alert
Friends, please be on the alert for fraudulent messages. Any staff member or clergy at St. Titus’ will NEVER ask you to buy gift cards or money orders. If you receive a text or email asking you to make a purchase for St. Titus’, please do not respond to the message and, of course, don’t go and buy gift cards. If you can, please report the message as a scam. If you ever receive a text or email that you’re not sure is from St. Titus’, please email the church at email@example.com to ask if the message is legitimate.
Volunteer Opportunity: Lincoln Community Health Center
Wish List: wash cloths; book bags for male and female; school supplies (K-12)
Please see Deacon Woodard if you are interested in participating
C. C. Spaulding Elementary School
C.C. Spaulding needs tutors (reading, building literacy skills and math), mentors and Volunteers especially at the times listed below:
3rd Graders: 10:20 a.m.-10:50 a.m.
4th Graders: 10:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
5th Graders: 2:25 p.m.-2:50 p.m.
CC Spaulding has need of individually packaged snacks.
All volunteers are required to complete the Durham Public Schools Volunteer form if you are interested.
- Lunch Buddies for students K-5
- Trousers/undergarments (male and female) sizes 10/12/14/16
Food Drive at El Buen Pastor: Special Message from Deacon Sarah Woodard
On the first Saturday of each month (with occasional pop-up dates in-between), volunteers gather from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.at El Buen Pastor in East Durham to sort and distribute food from the Food Bank of North Carolina. On average, approximately 100 people benefit from each food drive.
As partners with Igleslia El Buen Pastor and St. Luke’s, we share fellowship and food with those in need. We even give the bruised food to a goat farmer so that nothing goes to waste. The work is rewarding especially when we see the smiles on our neighbors’ faces as they leave with a carload of food.
We don’t take a vacation from this ministry just as hunger doesn’t take respite. We are responding to the needs of the world through this ministry and in our fellowship with one another. Check your calendars and join this group of dedicated volunteers who love and serve the Lord.
– Deacon Sarah Woodard
This Week at St. Titus’
Sunday, August 7
8:30 am and 10:30 am Holy Eucharist
Wednesday, August 10
6pm – Evening Prayer
Thursday, August 11